Bright, plant-filled cafe with outdoor seating, serving hearty mains, homemade cakes and pastries.
The Kew Greenhouse was built in 1895 and served as the village bakery for many years through a succession of family owners. In its early years the tearooms were situated on the first floor, approached via a broad staircase from the present café area.
The original vast brick ovens with ornate cast iron doors and coke fired furnaces emblazoned with the Royal Coat of Arms are still in situ in the old bakehouse, which has been carefully preserved in its entirety beneath the rear conservatory.
Today The Kew Greenhouse has become one of London’s most highly regarded Café’s and the recipient of many awards. We continue the tradition of producing all home-baked cakes and pastries as well as an extensive menu of main course dishes, salads and vegetarian specialities.